To avoid damaging your Lockly and door, be sure to follow these steps:
- Drilling the stabilizing hole into your door is optional. We recommend you DO NOT drill the stabilizing hole until you are satisfied with the lock. You can use the 3M tape we have provided to stabilize the lock.
- Double check that you are putting the correct screws in the correct places. We suggest using your hand to manually feed your screws in before turning them with a screwdriver. Putting screws in the incorrect places can lead to damage of the electrical components inside your lock.
- Take care when inserting the cable connector into the socket on your lock. Make sure there are no bent pins when you do so.
- Before installing the mounting plate of the exterior assembly, make sure your deadbolt is extended outward and the torque blade is inserted in the vertical position. Failure to do so will result in a reversed lock, where the lock will automatically unlock.
- Be sure to install the batteries and perform the self check correctly. Not doing this part will result in your deadbolt not turning smoothly.